INTERESTED IN JOINING MOC?
There are two general classes of membership in Missouri Outdoor Communicators:
- Active Member - Individuals who meet the requirements for one of the membership categories below, or who meet the requirements in any combination of categories equal to full membership, are eligible in this category. Annual dues for Active Members are $50.
- Supporting Member - Individuals, organizations and firms with an interest in the outdoor field who support MOC’s programs and activities. Annual dues for Supporting Members are $150.
Member benefits include:
- The opportunity to network with like-minded individuals that share the same passion for the outdoors and wildlife.
- Subscription to MOC Talk, the quarterly newsletter of the Missouri Outdoor Communicators
- For Supporting Members, your products and press releases will be featured in a regularly distributed e-blast entitled "Supporting Member Spotlights" to help you promote your organization, products and efforts to MOC's Active Media Members.
- Access to the MOC Membership Directory
- Use of MOC logo or name on personal documents
- Discounts with participating Supporting Members
To apply, please download the application form and instructions by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. Sponsorship by a current member of MOC is required. To locate a member in your area, or for more information, please e-mail Kyle Stewart at Kyle@TBWGroup.net.
ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
MOC maintains 13 Active Membership categories. Application must be returned with proof of work, as listed below, to be considered. Materials submitted must have been produced for pay. The categories are:
- Newspaper staff writer/columnist/editor – 20 columns or stories published in the past 12 months. Submit two clippings or copies of clippings.
- Still photographer – 24 photos published in the past 12 months. Submit two clippings or copies of clippings.
- Illustrator/cartoonist/artist – 5 works in the past 12 months. Submit one clipping or copy.
- Motion picture/video/audio producer – Production of one original motion picture, video/audio tape or DVD in the past 12 months. Submit brochure, clipping of newspaper or magazine review or one sample.
- Broadcast communications – 60 minutes of original outdoor television programming or 20 original radio programs in the preceding 12 months. Submit a letter from station supervisor certifying requirements are met.
- Full-time magazine staff member – Submit masthead listing or letter from the editor.
- Freelance magazine writer and/or part-time staffer – 5 articles published in the past 12 months. Submit two clippings or copies of clippings.
- Book author/editor – Publication or completion of a book in the past 12 months. Submit proof of publication (book jacket, clippings of reviews, etc.) or letter from publisher attesting to release date and/or editor credentials.
- Lecturer – 18 lectures in the past 12 months. Submit printed program or letter(s) from those paying for lecture.
- Full-time information employee of government or nonprofit agency – Employment in categories 1 through 9 by a government agency or nonprofit organization. Submit letter from supervisor certifying employment and duties.
- Employee of outdoor-related industry, agency, etc. – Full-time individual service producing materials for media use for outdoor-related companies or services. Submit four samples of brochures, news releases, photographs, etc.
- Full-time educator/instructor – Full-time teacher or other educator whose subject matter includes nature, conservation or outdoor recreation subjects. Submit at least two lesson plans or letter from supervisor (principal, superintendent, dean, etc.) certifying subjects and amount of time involved.
- Internet communicator – Production of outdoor-related materials for Internet distribution. Submit web site URL.